How to start the process of roof replacement
Once you’ve assessed the damage, the next step to replacing your roof is to request an estimate.
At Olympia Remodeling, an expert will sit down with you and your family to select the perfect roofing materials — from the protective underlayment to the shingles that will cover your whole roof system. Or if you choose our Free Drone inspection option saving you time. All the same information will be sent to you via email.
We’ll also work through financing options and accommodate your schedule to find the perfect day to complete your new roof installation.
What your homeowners insurance covers
Figuring out what your homeowners insurance covers and does not cover can be confusing.
Homeowners insurance covers your roof in cases where it is damaged for reasons outside of the homeowner’s control – a few examples are fire and vandalism. Your policy will also usually cover damage from extreme weather events or “acts of God” like hurricanes and tornadoes. Similarly, roof damage caused by moderate weather incidents such as hail, wind, and rain are often covered by homeowners insurance.
When filing a claim, it’s important to thoroughly document any damage that occurred. Also, make sure you keep receipts for all work done on the home. Many policies will cover these expenses when submitted with a claim.
However, keep in mind that coverage will often depend on the age of your roof, the area you live in, and may other factors. The easiest way to know what’s covered or what’s not when it comes to storm damage is to contact your insurance provider and go over the specifics of your policy, including what’s covered and what your deductible may (or may not) be.
Here is a simple list of the steps of claiming your nest exterior home remodeling project through your homeowners insurance.
- Get a free inspection from Olympia Remodeling LLC, if there’s damage sign contingency agreement
- If damage exists and it’s more than your deductible – File an insurance claim
- Olympia Remodeling will meet with your insurance adjuster go over the damages and get the work order rolling
- Get the first check from insurance (if coverage applies) and send it to your contractor (Olympia Remodeling)
- Have the contractor fix the roof
- Get the second check from insurance (if you have Replacement Cost Coverage)
- Pay the roofer final check when you are 100% happy with the work.
- Sometimes there is a third check from supplemental invoices from your contractor. We will let you know to expect this or not 🙂